Thursday, January 16, 2014

Instant Love: Ticking Blanket

Our trusty white denim duvet cover purchased YEARS ago from Eddie Bauer Home (remember when EB had a home store?) is just not going to make it much longer. It keeps tearing along the top, even after a last-ditch repair attempt. Sadly I haven't been able to find anything I like as much (it's quite heavy which means it doesn't need ironing and looks pretty good with very little maintenance - just how we like things!) but today this fabulous ticking blanket made in Maine got my heart racing. It suddenly occurred to me that I could easily get an inexpensive white cotton duvet cover (two, even, for ease of rotation) and then dress most of the bed with this most perfect blanket. Apparently it gets better and better with washing and wear. These days we are all about low-maintenance, hard-wearing, and beautiful, so it seems this would fit the bill!

No comments:

Post a Comment