Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Monday, December 20, 2010
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
We're all about stockings at Christmas time. There's something so fun about gifts that are small in size but big in thoughtfulness. First, I am coveting these pretty Martha Stewart pruners. It seems whenever I need to trim some flowers and such, the pruners are missing from the kitchen drawer (Ahem: husband). These ones are so special, he might just leave them alone.
Field Notes in fresh colors. These adorable mini notebooks have great details. (They make graph paper ones, too).
detergent smells. A little bit of luxury for the laundry room.
calendar that just makes you happy!
utensils - weighted handles and little built-in 'stands' so they stay elevated off the counter.
password-keeper notebook. No more unruly sticky notes or lost passwords!
these every once in a while to treat yourself for all your good work :)
(Photo by David Daniels)
Monday, December 13, 2010
Thursday, December 9, 2010
While we love our vintage Shiny Brites and the like, there are usually a few new ornaments and accessories that catch our eye each season, ones that we feel would fit right in with Modern Cottage holiday design. Here, our top
five eight :)
1. Above, platinum glitter twig, earthy and glam at the same time -- (I kind of love this one, too. It has a little mod/grandma thing going on).
2. Last year I spent hours online searching (to no avail) for modern-day white ceramic trees like these from ZGallerie. (They've apparently already sold out online but may be available in stores).
3. Cutest zinc tags. Love.
4. Handmade burlap ornaments. Simple yet brilliant.
5. These musical objects are a glossy-white take on an old-fashioned favorite.
6. We love the natural look of these scalloped trees, they're a great way to achieve some textural balance in your holiday decor.
8. Incredible handmade paper star urchin. And real statement piece. Can you imagine a tree-full of these?
So, why not fix yourself a cup of hot chocolate and crank up the Johnny Mathis? Happy decorating!